Why We Are Unique
Ms. Christine, the Executive Director, and Ms. Jenette, the School Director, take an active role in the day-to-day operation of the school. At FMCP, we provide your child with a “home away from home” setting in hopes that your child will feel relaxed and content in his/her surroundings. Each child is personally known by each teacher, which makes for a family feeling and extra safety.
With our low ratios, we are able to provide individual attention along with a small group social setting. Our small class sizes enable us to practice our philosophies each day! Children that are a part of a lower ratio feel secure; giving them confidence to experience and try new things! Teachers feel relaxed and enjoy having the opportunity to teach. FMCP is dedicated to maintaining our class sizes, as this is where the quality of our program begins.
Mission & Vision
The purpose of Fort Mill Cooperative Preschool is to provide a positive educational atmosphere for learning, so that students may experience the joy of learning and may become fulfilled, aware, and caring human beings, capable of using their skills successfully to continue advancement in these areas.
FMCP is a program for the “Whole Child.” The responsibility is to provide a service to the community for the highest type of early education through:
- A well-organized program that meets physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs.
- A loving, home like/classroom environment.
- Fully utilizing the physical facilities of Fort Mill, for the benefit of the FMCP community.
- For children to enjoy group experiences outside the home.
- Loving encouragement and guidance of children toward independence, responsibility, and social consciousness.
- A positive approach to learning.