In your own words, the things you like most about Fort Mill Cooperative Preschool are…
- We recently moved to Fort Mill and before I placed my son in FMCP’s care, I did my research as I am very protective of my children. I found that they were the only A+ rated center in the area yet not as expensive as the other centers in the area– so I decided to take a tour and meet with the director and teachers. I was impressed with their passion for the center and it’s atmosphere and their attention to each child’s care and development. They took the time to explain the Reggio Approach to me and why they feel it’s best for the children, which I appreciated very much.
I am very happy with my decision to place my son in their care. They love him and he loves them. He used to cry when I left him for work when in others care, but now he tells me “Bye Mommy!” before I’ve even fully pulled into the parking lot at Fort Mill Preschool! I don’t feel guilty taking him in because I know that he’ll have fun and will learn while I’m working. I’m given updates daily via the Brightwheel App–the updates include pictures of what the kids did during the day which is pretty thoughtful. They’ve been very considerate and have offered help and support to me and my family during our (somewhat difficult) move and transition from North to South Carolina. I can honestly say that they’ve helped to make us feel at home here in Fort Mill…which is far beyond what I expected from them. – Stephanie G., mother of 3 yr old.
- I am so glad I enrolled my 4 boys into this daycare, ages 8, 5, 4 and 2. I’ve have had the most fabulous experience with Fort Mill Preparatory. I love the facility, love the teachers and the home like environment. Let’s talk about the awesome playground and farm animals. This preschool has chickens! It’s everything I’ve always wanted for my boys all in one place. I feel they have learned so much and look forward to going everyday. They do arts and crafts everyday and are constantly enriching my boys. The teachers are amazing and so loving towards the children, my boys are greeted with warm hellos each morning. They are providing my boys with a stimulating, well rounded curriculum. I’d like to thank their star staff for always working with me. I cannot thank them enough. If you’re in the market for a preschool, don’t go by price alone because you don’t always get what you pay for in those large centers. Thank YOU Fort Mill Preparatory school! – Maysee Vue
- We love it here! I have two daughters here and have been very happy with the teachers and staff. If I ever need them to follow what I do at home or need a favor, all I have to do is ask. They try to be as accommodating as possible and it’s much appreciated. Drop off in the morning is always smooth, it’s hard to leave your kids when they are crying. Ms. Cheyenne always offers my daughter something to do that she knows she will love and it’s smooth sailing. During the day we get updates from the teachers using an app, I love reading about what’s going on and seeing a few pics. You can add messages on this app as well. It’s a ton of outside play so you can’t be mad when you get there and they are a bit dirty! It’s a day well done 🙂 My kids come home and they are wiped! I can tell you the teachers do an excellent job. They love our girls and it’s obvious. It’s makes us feel good leaving them there while we are at work. The Director, Ms. Jenette, I can’t forget about her! She is so accommodating and very helpful. She is always very helpful whenever I need anything.
Prices are competitive and the staff is great. – Sarah T., mother of 2 yr old and 4 yr old
- I enjoy how the staff all know every child and speak to them and speak to them by name-it’s important for children to feel like they matter and are important enough to be noticed and spoken to. – Caroline Nixon, mother of 2 yr old
- Caring, loving, kind, educational, family atmosphere and organized. – Kristy Mabe, parent of 3 yr old and 5 yr old
- FMCP provides a natural environment for my daughter to learn. -Neetha Sebastina, mother of a 3 yr old
- We have been at this school since my son turned six weeks old. At first I was so reluctant to leave him and start working but Fort Mill Cooperative Preschool has become his home. He is happy all the time. He gets so much love, andhe adores his teachers. His teacher is a trained nurse and they all have supported and encouraged me to breastfeed and it has been a breeze. I love this school. – Anna Eaux
When I walk in the door, I see…
- When I drop the kids off in the classroom, I see kids engaged in playing/exploring with whatever they want. I also see the teachers greeting each child and parent. -Erin Webster, parent of twin 5 yr olds
When I talk to my child’s teacher…
- I can tell that she really cares abut my child and his well-being and learning. -Caroline Nixon, mother of 2 yr old
- They express how much they enjoy teaching my child and are excited at their accomplishments. -Angela Darnell, mother of 1 yr old and 3 yr old
- They are very engaging and excited to tell me about my child’s day. they also send pictures and notes throughout the day, which I love. -Ellie Kunath, mother of a 3 yr old
- I feel they are informed and involved, especially in the infant room. – Eric Hunter, father of 1 yr old and 4 yr old
I would best describe the room as…
- Fun, engaging and interactive. -Caroline Nixon, mother of 2 yr old
- A home-like environment where children can use their imagination and creativity. -Kristy Mabe, mother of a 3 yr old and 5 yr old.
- Inviting and educational. They are also filled with a variety of activities. – Erin Webster, mother of twin 5 yr olds
The outdoor environment is…
- Unique, multi-faceted and fun. -Ellie Kunath, mother of a 3 yr old
- Is spacious with lots to do from feeding animals to playground area to water play. -Kristy Mabe, mother of a 3 yr old and 5 yr old
The things my child has/is learning…
- Diverse, age appropriate things that are exciting for them. -Angela Darnell, mother of a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old
- My five year old has learned to write her name and read some words. She knows all of her colors, shapes and can count to 100. She has learned a lot about all different types of things from going on field trips and from her teachers. My two year old knows all of her shapes, colors and can count. She knows all about animals and is constantly learning about new topics. -Kristy Mabe, mother of a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old.
- Love the Reggio self-directed learning. -Michelle Bridges, parent of a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old
- Have helped tremendously in being successful in Kindergarten! -Erin Webster, parent of twin 5 yr olds
- How to be around other kids and to be polite -Neetha Sebastina, mother of a 3 yr old
I absolutely love this school and both me and my child are excited to be there every day. -Caroline Nixon, parent of a 2 yr old
Thanks for the structure. thanks for the vision and plan for the school; whether it’s the curriculum, the food, activities, etc. I wish my child didn’t come home looking like they bathed in a dirt bath at times. Perhaps deter them from dirtying themselves up. -Samuel Blackmon, father of a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old
FMPS has a warm and loving environment. I have never felt like just a number. The families and teachers are so involved that everyone seems to know or recognize each other. This makes me feel like there are more than one pair of eyes on my children at all times. -Angela Darnell, mother of a 1 yr old and a 3 yr old
This is a wonderful school with caring teachers and staff. Both of my girls attend and love going to school every day. The stay very buys doing fun, educational activities and learning lots of new things. The school has a huge playground and outside area with farm animals and toys which is really cool! The parents are very involved and kept in the know about everything going on in the school. The teachers are professional and educated. I highly recommend to anyone with young children! -Kristy Mabe, parent of a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old